Want to have a great domain name but without investing big bucks up front?
Here’s a new concept. Lease a great Domain Name from me with regular payments (by the month or year). I will host the site for you and provide all the services of our exclusive “Fully Managed Hosting.”
At the end of the agreed lease period, I will transfer the domain name to any person or company you indicate.
If the name does not work out for you, if you want to abandon it, just send me an email and I will stop billing you and close the account without any unpaid balance or hidden charges. You just walk away and never worry about it.
How much? That’s negotiable based on:
- The value of the name.. We are not dealing in low value names. Some are more valuable than others. But to avoid wasting time, we would never offer a name for less than a “buy now” price of $1,000.
- The length of the lease. You can extend payments up to three years, or you can lease to buy one for a brief as 90 days.
- So, before we start dealing with the issues below, you and I will first discuss and agree on a value for the name. Then we will work out terms that we both can support. If we do not agree, you owe nothing and the name is still ours to do as we wish.
- During those negotiations, until we exchange a written agreement and you send your first payment, there is no deal and neither of us owes anything to the other.
- I don’t care about your credit. You will either pay or not. If you pay, you will enjoy the use of the name and at the end of the lease, I will hand it over to you. If you do not pay, and fail to stay current after reasonable notice, the deal is over and you owe nothing, and I am free to do what I wish with the name.
- If someone else comes along, during your lease to buy contract, and offers to buy the name, I will send you that offer. You can seel out your interest or reject the offer. But regardless of what happens, I will honor the deal as long as you keep up the payments on time, to the end of the lease.
- How will you pay? Weekly or monthly payments by credit or debit card will cost more than payments through the Dwolla transfer system (Dwolla will save you about $10 a month). Payments by check are a big PITA for me and I will have to add something to the lease to justify that.
- Any special terms that you may think important.
To Get Started;
- Use the Contact form
- IMPORTANT: the subject line must contain “[DOMAIN NAME}”
- in the body of the email, tell me the name you want and what the web site is about. I do not ofer to do business with “believers” or cranks of any kind. If your content is rational and does not express hate towards any person or group, I will do business with you. Otherwise, not.
- I will respond within 12 hours or less and we can negotiate by email or phone or face-to-face, whichever you prefer and support.
This list is current as of July 1st, 2014. I am the REGISTRANT for each of these names. None of them are “on spec” or registered to someone else. The DNS Transfer will take place within an hour after I get the first agreed payment.
- caribejoe.com and/or joecaribe.com (pair or separate)
- for2weeks.com (great travel site NewYork.for2weeks.com)
- foronemonth.com (or Europe.foronemonth.com)
- foroneweek.com (amsterdam.foroneweek.com)
- fortwoweeks.com (usa.fortwoweeks.com)
- jctruth.com (for christian education)
- samedayclean.com (includes eCommerce shopping cart)